1. The top:
– Many men prefer to wear their hair long on top.
– The quiff is a popular style that adds height and can be easily managed.
– To create a quiff, start by pinning up the hair and trimming any excess.
– Check the back and sides to ensure a balanced look.
– The crew cut is another option, resembling a fade but with longer hair on top.
2. The sides:
– Men’s hairstyles often feature layers on the sides.
– Properly blending these layers is crucial for a balanced appearance.
– Dampen the hair with water and comb through it from behind.
– Use a clipper guard to blend the cut into the top.
3. The back:
– Visualize an imaginary half-circle shape on top of the head when cutting the back.
– Follow this imaginary path with a point cut to blend the longer top hair with the shorter under hair.
– Celebrity hairstylist Chris Appleton explains this technique in a video.
4. The beard:
– Men can choose from various beard styles, from close-shaven to rugged.
– The beardstache is a popular choice for a rugged yet tamed look.
– Pairing a beard with a fade cut can create a bold impact.
– Chris Appleton provides a tutorial video on achieving desired cuts and maintaining hair condition.
By following these steps, men can achieve a stylish and well-maintained haircut at home.